Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dusk and Dawn


The sun set within sight
As it gave its last lights
Of love, joy, even hope –
And that’s when yesterday died.

Yesterday was lovely,
Full of hopes and dreams,
Even though some roads I walked
I did not walk with ease;
Despite the rain and rocky roads,
Yesterday was beautiful;
Through rain the sun did shine so bright
As I gazed upon prismatic light,
Wishing maybe, wished I might
Swiftly, surely, soon arrive.

But yesterday is over –
There is no going back;
I know a shining future waits,
But where will it be at?

“God,” I called out,
Into the darkening sky,
“You said there was hope –
Where have you gone?” I cried;
How could a thing so beautiful,
A sunset oh so bright,
So hastily conclude
Leading only to dark night?

But as embers did glow
And warm fire fade
To mere sparks of memory,
Burning away,
I caught sight of a sign
Reigning over the sky
Saying, “Wait, believe, I am larger than life:
As I make the sun set, I will indeed make it rise;
For glory’s not measured by wealth, strength or size,
But by the tears of meek love pouring out from your eyes;
Stay strong, move forward, take heart and believe,
For surely great things are coming to be -
This is only the start to a wonderful story."

He lights up our eyes when it's hardest to see
No matter how bleak or unlikely things seem;
Our God is Faithful, Good, Just and True
He whispers sweet love and He carries us through:

"Keep going, keep trusting, keep looking, and see
That every last rainbow was put there by ME."



---

Written January 14, 2012. / Unearthed and revised May 15, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment