Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bright Blue Beauty

From June 23, 2011.


--------------------------------------


Dear God,


You are so beautiful. SO. Like, unspeakably so. A single short encounter with your beauty and your glory like this leaves me absolutely positively speechless. I feel there are not words adequate enough to accurately describe you and all your wonders! You are amazing. You take my breath away. You make my heart beat faster. You captivate me with the power of your love. I don't know if I could withstand a full glimpse at the riches of your glory and splendor - it would probably overcome me. I may end up passed out on the floor for who knows how long. Therefore, I make the prayer of Jabez my own:


"Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, saying, 'Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.' And God granted his request." -1 Chronicles 4:10


I have a blue blimp feeling,
That it's coming fast
I see the blue lights forming,
So prepare for impact
I see the feathers floating
Down an airy staircase
Who says heaven can't materialize
In the fullness of an empty room


Somewhere out there
Outside these tinted windows
There is in the baby blue sky
An angelic balloon
What it is or how it got there
I don't know yet
But I am feeling a new rhythm playing out
So I'll choose to sing along


I hear the sonic songs of a jet plane
Inside a starry diagram
I hear the music flying closer and closer
The power of incensed noise
It seems I'm at the star gate of aeronautics themselves
The very start of a blue-light special at K-Mart


--------------------------------------


Finally, four white sails sailing swiftly 'cross Caribbean seas
Our ship is coming in, Our ship is coming in,
It's just within the harbor
As I'm watching from the iron horse off shore,
The picture is crystal clear through the TV
So I intently gaze as the window glass breaks
and the wind comes in and takes me away
Into the sparkling sky
I am lost
In the undying blue
Where I am ever closer,
Ever coming nearer to You.




Que Dios te bendiga/God bless,
-Rayla

No comments:

Post a Comment