Saturday, July 16, 2011

Keep Moving Forward.

I just gotta focus. Just throw all distractions, all hindrances, all annoying little voices mockingly whispering in my ear, "That's stupid. You can't do that. I don't approve. That's too crazy. It'll never work. Shut up. You're stupid. You can't do anything. You're insane. You have a mental disorder. You live in your own little world, you're crazy. That's a horrible idea. You're too emotional. No one cares. You can't do anything about it. You don't contribute to society. You're not worth anything. You never do anything. You don't even matter here. No one cares about you. Look, you're all alone. No one agrees with you. So just shut up. Everyone hates you." in the stinking rotten "bad egg chute" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory where they belong, and press forward. Don't look back. And never, ever, EVER, give up. NEVER GIVE UP. Don't relent. Focus. Eyes locked on the prize. Pursue it. Pursue truth. Pursue love. Pursue hope. Pursue grace. And most of all, pursue God. Pursue the prize, the prize for which we are living. That's right, we. You are not alone. And the rest of those professed loners, outcasts, and wanderers out there, perhaps feeling especially alone tonight just like I was earlier in the day, aren't either. This is what I'm living for. This is why I'm looking straight ahead, however desperate or weak my gaze may be, and pressing forward. Cause it's all I can see right now. That's all I'm focusing on, right here, right now. A lot of things may be unclear, but don't think about that; Just, KEEP MOVING FORWARD!









Naturally, the ultimate prize which I am pursuing is Jesus Christ my Lord: the Love of my life and the One who keeps me going day in and day out. He is doubtlessly my prize in the long run, this completely true. But here and now, I'm referring to a more short-term sort of prize: a moment. But not just any moment. The moment.

The moment when I, clenching the hand of my traveling companion - fellow vagabond and dearest friend - arrive at the greenest, grassiest hill either of us have seen in a long time. The moment when all our teary, tired eyes can see is sunlight in its glorious warmth washing over the crest of that soft, grassy mount, a surreal and brilliant sight. The moment when our tattered hearts melt as we realize that the smoke, the ash, the rubble and the chaos of battles and bomb raids and a disaster-stricken industrial city are all behind us. The moment when we stumble up that hill, clothes torn to rags and faces smeared with grime and streaked with tears, and see the light. Not just the light - the light. The moment when we see the unquenchable torch of fire blazing atop the mount, a sign of vitality. The moment when our eyes finally gaze upon the colorful, sparkling tent made of quilts and blankets that look as if they belong in angels' laps, with an intensely bright-glowing flame burning triumphantly upon the corner of that fabric rainbow, as if to say, "Welcome home!" The moment when we catch sight of the people - the people! - crouching inside their fort amongst various provisions, and when they really, actually, look back. That moment when we collapse on the ground in gut-wrenching sobs, wailing with enlightened hearts, "We are not alone!!"

That is the moment I am living for right now. And I am most certain that in reality, there are many things I don't see or understand yet and that this moment is not the only one of its type which I am pressing on towards at this time in my life. But it's the most clear (and attractive) one, for now. So I am determined to focus and punch that goal into my mind like a GPS coordinate and follow the highlighted path until I arrive at my destination. (Ever notice how that world sounds like "destiny" and "nation" put together? Keep driving until you reach your destinynation.) I expect that there very well may be some construction along the way, or perhaps the occasional inclement weather conditions here and there, and that I will probably have to take a few detours and make a fair amount of navigational adjustments before the trip is over. I'm ready. And I may not be sure exactly what it all will look like or how everything will happen on this journey, but of this I am certain: that I have a bright future ahead of me, because God promised, and God never goes back on his word. He is forever faithful, and he gives me hope.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

In all honesty, for me, this verse has always been one of those "famous verses" - a verse that is widely known and liked, etc. - and until now, I have never known the entire context of this verse, only the one "famous" part. So as I biblegateway.com-ed this verse to copy-paste it into the post, I figured I'd take a look at it. I did.

IT'S COOL.

Yeah, for the most part, the rest of Jeremiah 29 is pretty much the idea I just blogged about in bible form. And don't get me wrong, I'm not taking any credit for anything, ever... Complete and total no, nothing, zilch, nada. Anyway, I'm pretty sure God has dibs on copyright, considering He wrote Jeremiah 29 way before I even existed and He's kind of the God of the universe, so... yeah. But the point is, if anyone ever reads this post and finds the topic relative to their own life, I recommend reading Jeremiah 29, 'cause God really spoke to me through it regarding this subject.

Well, I'm exhausted. It's 1AM, and that's way past my bedtime. Sing me a lullaby?

(Just kidding. Irene by TobyMac is playing through my mind right now.)

Whoa, I just leaned forward a few inches, and this bright light outside the window caught my eye. The full moon. Very pretty. It's usually not in that position, shining through the smooth semicircle pane set at the summit of my alpine bedroom window, when I fall asleep. This is a definite sign that I really need to drift off to dreamland right about now.

Sweet dreams!

Much Love,
Rayla.



(Thank you, Google, for the pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment